In Roblox, players are able to teleport. What is it and how to do that? Teleportation in Roblox is an act of moving a group of parts, usually a character of a player to a certain coordinate. Setting the Position property of parts will disconnect the part from any parts which are connected to it and break the mode. So, how to teleport the Roblox character?
If you want to be able to teleport a player correctly without having to kill them, you must use the CFrame property and use the CFrame data type instead.
game.Workspace.Player.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame = CFrame.new(Verctor3.new(0, 50, 0))
MoveTo is able to be used in place of setting the CFrame of one brick in the model. It will only alter the Position/CFrame of the parts in the model if the Parent property is the Workspace. One is able to teleport all players in the game by iterating over each one of their characters and setting the CFrame accordingly.
- target = CFrame.new(0, 50, 0) –could be near a brick or in a new area
- for i, player in ipairs(game.Players:GetChildren()) do
- –Make sure the character exists and its HumanoidRootPart exists
- if player.Character and player.Character:FindFirstChild(“HumanoidRootPart”) then
- –add an offset of 5 for each character
- player.Character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame = target + Vector3.new(0, i * 5, 0)
The code above would teleport each player to the position (0,50,0), going up 5 for each character so they do not overlap. Based on the Developer Roblox page, teleportation is handled by TeleportService and it can be used to teleport players between places in a game or to another game. It is important for you to know that most of functions in TeleportService need the ID of the target place or game. If the destination place is in the similar game, the ID is able to be gained from the Game Explorer by expanding the Places tree, right clicking the place and choosing Copy ID to Clipboard.
Here we have the steps that you can do to make teleport on Roblox.
- First, open your Roblox Studio.
- Now, you have to click on Insert tab in the menu bar and select Tools.
- Then, you have to scroll through the category list on top of the tools panel and you have to look for Bricks. Now, click on any brick from the thumbnail of default bricks that come up in the tools panel.
- You have to click on the brick in the world viewer and a properties panel should appear to the right of the tools panel. You have to highlight and delete the name for the object you have chosen and rename the brick anything you like.
- After that, you have to click on the brick in the world viewer again and click on the Insert tab again in the menu bar. Choose Objects and the window should appear. Choose Script from the list of objects and press OK.
- Now, you have to choose the Insert tab once more and click on Explorer. Double click on the word Script below the brick in the explorer panel and a text area will appear and you can type the script there. The script is:
-function onTouch(part) local Toucher = part.Parent:FindFirstChild(“Humanoid”) if Toucher -= nil then Toucher.Torso.CFrame = CFrame.new (“0,0,1”) end end teleporter = script.Parent teleporter.Touched:connect(OnTouch)
- Now, you have to press Explorer tab and the script turns the brick into a teleporter. You are able to change the default coordinates “0,0,1” to wherever you want players to be teleported when they touch your teleporter.