A thumbnail is a preview of a game. Apparently there are five thumbnails are able to be used in only one game. For your information, three types of thumbnails that the player can select; an image uploaded from a device (FREE), a YouTube video (R$500), and an auto generated thumbnail which is provided to a user for free.
Historically, the thumbnail was added to Roblox in September 2006, along with once Roblox was launched. Since then, the default thumbnail has gone through a number of changes, and the price was changed from R$10 to free on September 7, 2018. By the way, how big is a Roblox thumbnail? You have to remember that the images you can use as Roblox thumbnails are the images with has a resolution of 1920 X 1080. If you use its size, so it is going to show nicely across all platforms. Aside from that, you must also use the format png or jpg.
As far now, a game thumbnail is able to be used to promote a game, showcase game features, or even announce updates. Roblox provides an in-Studio thumbnail system which can be customized to suit the needs of any game.
Now, you may want to know how to upload thumbnail. You need to know that custom game thumbnails can be uploaded from Roblox Studio directly by following steps below:
- At the first step, you have to click the Game Settings button from the Home tab in Studio.
- In the “Basic Info” section of the popup window, you are able to scroll down to “Screenshots & Videos”.
- After that, you have to click an empty slot that indicated by the dotted rectangle.
- Now, you need to select a valid file from your computer and proceed through the upload process.
In fact, video thumbnails can also be used on a game’s page for mobile and computer users. But, Roblox on Xbox does not currently support video thumbnails. If you want to use a video for a game thumbnail, you are able to do following text.
- At the first step, you have to visit the “Create” page.
- Then you need to configure the place, please click the Thumbnails tab, and select Video.
- After that, you are able to enter the YouTube URL of the video and then click “Add Video”. When the video has been reviewed by moderation, it is going to be available for use as a thumbnail.
ORDERING / DELETING
If multiple thumbnails are uploaded, the player-facing game detail page is going to cycle through them automatically. Now, you are able to change the order of this cycle by dragging easily a thumbnail into the desired position in the Game Settings window of Studio. To delete a thumbnail, you are able to hover your mouse over the preview icon and click the “trash” button in the lower-right. When you confirm the action, so the thumbnail will be removed from the queue.