Rover is the name of the open source, drop in Roblox verification bot that will let your members to safety authenticate their Roblox account on the Discord server. Do you want to know more about Rover?
Rover empowers your Roblox community with some advantages such as speak with confidence, because everyone is who their name says they are; adding the extra step between trolls and spammers and the server will reduce the unwanted activity drastically; the verification database is already populated with hundreds of thousands of Discord-Roblox account links, so there is a possibility of the users will already be verified when they join the server.
How does Rover work? Rover is named as the official Discord bot for the verify.eryn.io verification registry. This one uses its public API, so the API is available to you in your own project as well. With more than 1 million accounts linked already, it is likely a lot of your users will already be verified and will have to take no new steps. As one of the brand new users, the process looks something like this:
- The user log in with their Discord account.
- The user selects how they want to verify by joining a Roblox game, or by adding the code to their profile.
- The user is verified and is able to participate in the community.
How to use Rover? Basically, when a certain user joins the server, the bot will automatically check if they are already in the database, and if so, they will be verified as soon as possible. If they are not already in the database, all of them will be asked to go to the verification website in order to verify themselves. If you have the hosted version of the bot, then the user will automatically be given the verified state after they verify on the site. On the other hand, if you are hosting the bot yourself, the user will have to run the verify command in order for both to check if they are verified.
According to the official website of Rover, the easiest way to use it is to add the hosted version of the server. These followings are all optional:
- Create a role. This one is able to be called anything, but most name it “Verified”. It will be given to every verified user.
- Move the “Rover” role above the role and any roles you would like Rover to manage.
- Run the command “!VerifiedRole RoleNameHere”. Please replace “RoleNameHere” with what your role is called.
- Modify the channel permissions to make only those with the role you made are able to speak or see them.
- Run the command !CreateVerifyChannel. This one will create the instruction channel for new members of the server.
For the details information of adding Roblox bot and about Rover, feel free to visit the official website of Rover. You will not be asked to log in to the site to get the access.