In Roblox Studio, there are a lot of shortcuts and key commands that you are able to use to make development quicker and easier. For your information, the shortcuts in Roblox Studio can be customized for your convenience. You also need to know that there are a lot of Studios actions without default shortcuts that are able to be bound to whatever you want. You are able to click on the File menu, choose Advanced and then Customize Shortcuts to see the current shortcuts and or to modify the bindings for any Studio actions.
If you use Mac, all shortcuts include Ctrl which means that you should use the Command key and it is not the Mac control key. Also, all shortcuts which include Alt mean that you have to use the mac option key.
Here are the general shortcuts in Roblox Studio that you have to know for better use.
- Ctrl + N is for creating a new place.
- Ctrl + O is for opening an existing local file.
- Ctrl + Shift + O is for opening a latest game from Roblox.
- Ctrl + W or Ctrl + F4 is for closing the active place or file.
- Ctrl + S is for saving the active place to a local file on your computer.
- Ctrl + Shift + S is for saving the active place to a local file with a new name.
- Alt + G is for showing or hide the 3D grid on the Y plane.
- Alt + X is for opening or closing the Explorer window.
- Ctrl + Shift + X is for jumping to the Explorer window filter input field.
- Ctrl + Shift + P is for jumping to the Properties window filter input field.
- Ctrl + I is for opening or closing the Advanced Objects window for quick insertion of objects. After you open it, you have to type the name of the object that you want to insert and hit Enter to insert it.
- F12 is for recording a video.
- Alt + S is for opening the Roblox Studio.
For camera controls, here are some of the shortcuts.
- W or Up Arrow is for moving the camera forward.
- S or Down Arrow is for moving the camera back.
- A or Left Arrow is for moving the camera left.
- D or Right Arrow is for moving the camera right.
For general editing, here are some of the shortcuts.
- Ctrl + C is for copying the selection and add it to the clipboard.
- Ctrl + V is for pasting contents of clipboard.
- Ctrl + X is for cutting the selection and also add it to the clipboard.
- Delete or Backspace is for deleting the selection
- Ctrl + Z is for undoing the last action.
For scripting, here are some of the shortcuts.
- Tab is for adding an indentation.
- Shift + Tab is for removing an indentation.
- Ctrl + F is for finding the specified string within the script now being viewed.
There are still more shortcuts or hotkeys that you are able to use in Roblox Studio. You are able to check the complete shortcuts or hotkeys in the developer.roblox.com.