In Roblox, there is a Safe Chat feature which allow the players to have limitations in using chat. This feature is owned by Roblox as an effort to decrease players to say something bad to other players. Long time ago, you probably activated this feature and now you want to remove it. How to do that?
If you are Roblox players who are under 13 and you want to remove the Safe Chat feature, you are able to turn off it by following the steps below.
- First, you have to open your Roblox account by entering your username and password as well.
- Then, you have to click on the option of My Roblox which can be found on the top of the page and then you need to click on the Account option.
- After that, you have to go to the option of “Update Parent’s Email Address” and then you have to move forward with the option of “Update Email Address. Now, you have to add your own email address as a parent and click on the option of “Update”.
- In this step, you have to add your email address in the provided place and then click on the option of activation link in the email from Roblox.
- Now, you have to click on the Privacy Mode On to turn the chat Off and then do not forget to click on Finish Verification to save the settings.
If you are 13 years old or older, you are able to turn off safe chat by following these steps.
- As usual, the first thing that you have to do is logging in to your Roblox account by entering username and password.
- After that, you have to click on My Roblox in the menu and it is near the top of the page. Now, you have to click on Account.
- In this step, you have to scroll down near the bottom of the Account page and then under Chat Settings you have to select the person with whom you want to chat. If you choose All Users, it will let you chat with everyone on Roblox and if you choose Best Friends or Friends, it will let you chat only with people you know.
By having this safe chat feature, it means that Roblox has an effort to make this platform friendly for all ages so that everyone from any ages can enjoy Roblox without having to make their parents worried that their kids will say something bad or become a victim of bullying.
If you want, you are able to turn off the privacy settings to make you be able to get access to chat. Actually, Roblox filters out objectionable words and phrases to make chat safe for kids. If you are Roblox players who are 13 years old and older, you are able to turn on safe chat with just a few clicks. But, if you are Roblox players who are under 13, you will need a help or a parent or guardian.