The existence of emoji can help you to utter your feeling and thought well. So, other people who read your message can see your face or feeling through the emoji that you use. But, can we use emoji in our names in Discord? If we can do it, how to do that?
You need to know that Discord can support the use of emoji through shortcodes that are displayed as images from Twemoji. Native emojis entered ar also converted to shortcodes and displayed with images where supported. For your information, as of August 2018, the support of emoji in Discord is limited to Emoji 3.0 (2016) whereas the recent Twemoji version can support up to Emoji 11.0 (2018).
Some Types of Emoji
Here are some emojis that you are able to use in Discord.
- Lying Face
- Rolling on the Floor Laughing
- Drooling Face
- Nauseated Face
- Clown Face
- Cowboy Hat Face
- Sneezing Face
- Black Heart
- Raised Back of Hand
- Crossed Fingers
- Call Me Hand
- Left – Facing Fist
- Right – Facing Fist
- Person Facepalming
- Person Shrugging
- Man in Tuxedo
- and many more.
When you see some Discord servers, you may realize that some servers have emojis in the text and channel names so that you also want to use emoji in your channel name. How to do that? If you manage your own Discord, it will be very easy to add emojis by yourself. They can be added to the category names, text channel names and also voice channel names.
How to Add Emoji in Channel Name in Discord
Here we have the simple steps that you can do to add emojis to your channel name.
- The first thing that you have to do is you have to find the emoji that you want to use in the channel name. You are able to find the full list of emojis in the prosettings.com/emoji-list.
- In this step, you need to copy the emoji “Browser” column. You are able to copy it by choosing it with your mouse and then hit CTRL + C on your keyboard.
- Now, you have to go to your Discord server and then right click the text or voice channel where you want the emoji in the name. Then, you have to select Edit Channel from the drop down menu.
- Then, you have to paste the emoji in the Channel Name field and then you are able to paste it by hitting CTRL + V on your keyboard.
- At last, you are able to click on Save Changes and then now you will see there is emoji in your channel name.
Well now, you are able to choose what emoji that you want to use in your channel name and make sure that the emoji that you will use is a representative of what you want to utter or it can represent the image that you want to build about you and your channel in Discord. You can go to Discord now and then change your name with the addition of emoji.